Our main beneficiaries are people from migrant, refugee and minority ethnic communities who are living anywhere in Scotland.
We also work directly with our members, social housing landlords, local authorities, BME organisations and voluntary organisations to bring about change.
The issues we take up are housing, homelessness, poverty, racist/religious hate crime and abuse of people’s human rights.
Our main areas of work are as follows:
- Advice, information and practical support. This includes challenging housing problems, homelessness, poverty and racism.
- Providing proactive support to destitute asylum seekers in order to assist them to resolve their status and build stable, productive lives in this country.
- Assisting new migrants with benefits, debt, housing and (self) employment issues.
- Assisting individuals with free multilingual money and debt advice, rent arrears, fuel debts as well as helping to get the cheapest utility providers.
- Human rights and anti-racist campaigns.
- Training, consultancy and best practice guidance