In 2016-17, the emergency support we provided directly to children, women and men increased by 65% . The number of refugees assisted trebled compared with the previous year.
When the images in the media and the international crisis situations seem overwhelming, we have the knowledge, experience and networks to bring practical support that makes a difference to people’s lives. We are often one of the first organisations able to directly assist those facing a crisis situation.
We provide crisis grants quickly to those facing hardship.
The problem may be homelessness, destitution or extreme hardship. We can prioritise the most vulnerable and provide support almost immediately.
We have stepped in to assist survivors of serious hate crimes, to pay for family reunions so that women and children and other family members can leave war zones to join family members already here.
We arrange free shelter to assist those trying desperately to resolve their legal status so that they can move from destitution to contribution.
We reach families and individuals in greatest need through our network of 300 refugee and migrant caseworkers in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester and elsewhere across Scotland and the UK.
And we need your help more than ever.
This year we need to raise £100,000 to be able to directly help the increasing number of women, children and men finding themselves in crisis situations.
We will always make sure your donations go where they’re most needed. On average, around 95% of the funds we raise are spent directly on charitable activities, with the rest spent on administrative costs.
Having a steady and reliable income is essential to us so if you think you give £5 a month or more then that would help us to provide help as soon as it is needed. If you would prefer to give a one-off donation, we have specific campaigns which means you can make a real difference to particular areas of our work. Just click on any of the links in the “Donate” menu above on this website.
There are several ways you can donate funds (please note – if you send us a cheque or make a direct bank transfer, fill out this form to claim GiftAid and get an extra 25% on top of your donation):
- Click here to donate regularly or make a one off donation safely, securely online . Use GiftAid to add 25% to your donation. (BTMydonate doesn’t charge fees).
- Send a Cheque – To do this, make it payable to: Positive Action in Housing Ltd, 98 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1PJ
- Direct Bank Transfer – To make a direct bank transfer, please set up a regular or single payment using internet banking. Our secure details are: Name: Positive Action in Housing Ltd Sort Code: 82 20 00 Account: 00447398 . Increase your donation by agreeing to ‘gift aid’ it – just complete this form.
- Raise funds for the charity every-time you shop online: Want to raise free donations for Positive Action in Housing through easy-fundraising? Just shop online for groceries, utilities, car insurance, Broadband /TV and more here .
- Create a fundraising page and join an organised event. Raise more money for charity and have the best fun doing it by joining a major fundraising event with like-minded people.
Finally, here are a few things you might need as a fundraiser at a marathon, coffee mornign or similar:
- https://mydonate.bt.com/events/virginlondonmarathon201881788/448581 – london marathon page for us
- post on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PositiveActionH/
- write to us at twitter @positiveactionh
- if you want to get a t shirt, feel free to design it using our logo, no problem …and it would say something like I’m running a marathon to raise funds for positive action in housing…
If you have any other queries, or ideas for fundraising please email email@example.com
Copyright Robert Perry Photography 2017
Positive Action | Working together to rebuild lives
(All the images shown on this website and in our annual report are of the people we actually assist through our various projects)