Our Money Skills Project offers multilingual advice, information and financial skills training to refugee, migrant and BME households.
Services offered :
- Money Guidance on drafting a Budgeting Plan
- Benefits check and advise on Income maximisation
- Assistance with rent arrears,debts,utilities savings,setting up bank accounts
- Access to welfare benefits,loans and social funds
- Drop-in debt surgery and outreach surgeries
- Volunteer Development Programme for minority ethnic and migrant communities
- Financial skills Workshops and financial capability information groups in different languages
Contact the Money Skills Team on 0141 353 2220 and ask for: Mary, Marina or Sraboni who is the Project leader.
“I had problems with my rent arrears and benefits. A friend suggested I go to Positive Action. I got a lot of help and things are much better for us. There is someone who understands and lightens the burden.”
Xiu accessed our Money Skills Project to help manage her finances for her and her 3 year old son, Terence